Southwest Baptist University News Release
Contact: Charlotte Marsch, Director of Marketing and Communications
(417) 328-1803 / email@example.com
CIS Advisory Board meets at SBU
BOLIVAR, Mo. —The 2013 SBU Computer and Information Sciences Advisory Board brought together eight technology leaders to help set the future direction of the Southwest Baptist University Computer Information Science Department when it met Friday, March 1. An informal career fair coincided with the advisory board meeting.
“Advisory boards help us out in many ways,” said Dr. Tim DeClue, Chair of the SBU CIS Department. “They let us know what the horizon issues are in industry, they give us great feedback on the job we are doing and, most importantly, they let us know if we are still on track to achieve our goal of being the best CIS program at an evangelical Christian college in the U.S.”
Advisory Board members include:
• Hal Correll, enterprise architect with Wal-Mart Information Systems Division, Bentonville, Ark.;
• Chuck Campbell, manager, GTS Services Delivery Center, IBM, Columbia, Mo.;
• Jeff Jackson, project leader, Intel, Seattle, Wash.;
• Neil Anderson, manager of application development, American National Property and Casualty, Springfield, Mo.;
• Melissa Green, group technical director, VML, Kansas City, Mo.;
• Kirk Hay, director of corporate information services, Jack Henry & Associates, Monett, Mo.;
• Owen Straub, vice president of software engineering, Cerner Corp., Kansas City, Mo.; and
• Kevin Chittendon, vice president of information technology, Leggett & Platt, Carthage, Mo.
PHOTO CUTLINE: Southwest Baptist University Computer Information Science Advisory Board members and faculty are, from left, front row — Kevin Chittenden, Leggett & Platt; Owen Straub, Cerner Corp.; Neal Anderson, ANPAC; Jeff Kimball, CIS faculty; back row — Jeff Jackson, Intel; Chuck Campbell, IBM; Hal Correll, Wal-Mart ISD; Kirk Hay, Jack Henry & Associates; Tim DeClue, SBU faculty; and Baochuan Lu, SBU faculty. Jim Cain, SBU faculty, is not pictured.
Southwest Baptist University is a leader among private universities in truly integrating Christ-centered academic pursuits with comprehensive professional programs at an affordable price. At SBU, the faculty and staff create a caring, academic community to prepare students to be servant leaders in a global society. For more information, visit www.SBUniv.edu.