Southwest Baptist University News Release
Contact: Charlotte Marsch, Director of Marketing and Communications
(417) 328-1803 / email@example.com
SBU physical therapy gives clinical, student awards
BOLIVAR, Mo. — Southwest Baptist University’s Department of Physical Therapy awarded honors to clinical affiliates and students during its annual awards banquet Friday, May 17.
Clinical awards were given for exceptional cooperation with clinical experiences with SBU PT students:
• Clinical Instructor of the Year is Shawna Townsend, P.T. of CoxHealth, Springfield.
• Clinical Facility of the Year is HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, Fayetteville, Ark., represented by Nathan Jowers, P.T., CCCE.
Student awards were given to members of the 2013 graduating class:
• Bill Karl Service Award — Nakita Knowles.
• Top Academic Student Award — Rachelle Burt, Paul Hartman, David Lyday, Kyle East, Danielle Farrell and Jana Shewmaker.
• Future Research Award — Alex Key and Ryan Bennety, advisor Dr. Terry Cox; Kayla Vance and Haley Stockton, advisor Dr. Beverly McNeal; and Nakita Knowles and Andrea Biggs, advisor Dr. Beverly McNeal.
• Professor Emeritus — Dr. Cathy Beck.
• Mission Trip Participants: Ryan Bennett, Peru; Andrea Biggs, Peru; Melissa Brown, Peru; Jessie Byrd, Peru and Albania; Jerry Etheredge, Peru; Danielle Farrell, Peru; Jimmy Gaspar, Peru; Paul Hartman, Peru; Jennifer Hodgens, Peru; Nakita Knowles, Peru; David Lee, Peru; David Lyday, Ecuador; Joshua Megli, Peru; Jana Shewmaker, Peru; and David Waite, Peru.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program at SBU prepares students for a career through the development of knowledge and skills needed for patient management, education, consultation and clinical research. For more information, call (417) 328-1690 or (800) 526-5859 ext. 1690.
Southwest Baptist University is a leader among private universities in truly integrating Christ-centered academic pursuits with comprehensive professional programs at an affordable price. At SBU, the faculty and staff create a caring, academic community to prepare students to be servant leaders in a global society. For more information, visit www.SBUniv.edu.