Monday, October 1, 2012

SBU Senior Director of Marketing and Communications Transitions to Enactus USA


Southwest Baptist University News Release
Contact: Sharina Smith, Office of Marketing and Communications
417-328-1803 / ssmith@sbuniv.edu

BOLIVAR, MO – Sharina Smith, SBU’s senior director of marketing and communications, has accepted a position as Vice President of Marketing for Enactus USA in Springfield, Mo. Enactus is the new name for SIFE, which announced its rebranding on September 30 in Washington, DC.

Sharina Smith
Dr. Stephanie Miller, SBU’s vice president for enrollment management said, “I appreciate the work that Sharina has done with promoting SBU, especially through the SBU Life magazine and her support of the admissions marketing.” 

Smith has served in SBU’s office of marketing and communications since 2006. Prior to joining the SBU staff, Smith served on the administrative team of Ridgecrest Baptist Church in Springfield, Mo.

SBU President Dr. C. Pat Taylor said, “I certainly have enjoyed working with Sharina during the past seven years. Under her leadership, SBU has received numerous awards for outstanding publications, and SBU Life has gained recognition as a leading alumni magazine. I will miss working with Sharina and all of us at SBU wish her the very best in her new position."

Smith said of her transition, “I am very grateful I have had the privilege to work with the outstanding faculty, staff, and students at SBU. While I am sad to leave, I am so excited to have the opportunity to work closer to my home in Springfield for an organization about which I am passionate. Working at SBU with the SIFE team has been one of the joys of my career. I look forward to being part of the rebranding of SIFE and sharing the mission of Enactus in the USA.

“I am particularly grateful to Dr. Stephanie Miller and President Pat Taylor for their encouragement and support while at SBU and through the process leading to this new opportunity. I value their mentorship as servant leaders, and I am blessed by their friendship.”

During Smith’s nearly seven-year tenure at SBU, the office of marketing and communications has received numerous national awards for marketing publications. In addition, Smith has served on the board of directors and as a volunteer for the Bolivar Area Chamber of Commerce.

Smith’s last day at SBU is Oct. 5, and she will assume the vice presidency position at Enactus USA on Oct. 8.

“I will particularly miss my SBU colleagues in Enrollment Management,” said Smith. “We have worked hard together, and I am proud of the success we have had in securing record and near-record enrollment during a difficult economic period. I value each of you for your friendship and dedication to SBU’s mission.”

###
Southwest Baptist University is a leader among private universities in truly integrating Christ-centered academic pursuits with comprehensive professional programs at an affordable price. At SBU, the faculty and staff create a caring, academic community to prepare students to be servant leaders in a global society. For more information, visit www.SBUniv.edu.